.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} MondayLunchCrew: 95% recovered

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

95% recovered

Just realized that one of the Bent Creek that I finished a while ago did not get a "finish" photo: Blarney Was organizing looking through, digging through, feeling up my yarn stash and rediscovered the Mission Falls wool that I got at Frolic. I immediately did up a swatch with my Denise needles (the fact that they split my yarn all the time is starting to annoy me...) and dove into my new sweater. It's knit all in one piece from the left sleeve to right sleeve and needs really long circulars, so the denise set is just what I needed to extend the length as needed. Started it on Friday and have managed to knit up 2 balls out of 12 balls of yarn.. so I mark my progress at 1/6 on the way to completion. It will soon be too big to bring out of the house like I did this weekend to both Father's day dinners. The pattern is AV Fall 2000: Cabled Sleeve Pullover.
I have long loved Japanese woodblock prints, especially by Hiroshige. Been thinking about framing a poster of a few of the prints and putting them up on the wall. Two of our favorite purchases on our trip was at the National Museum in Tokyo were at the gift shop, they sell hand made reproductions of wood block prints from the masters. They are made in the same way as the old ones and each one unique. We came home with two of them, framed. While they were a little of a pain to bring back as they took up so much suitcase space; they look fantastic on the wall. You cannot tell from the photos, but the colours are so much more vivid and vibrant in person. The colours of the pieces also is the exact perfect match to the red on the wall, so it looks great with the black frames. I could not have asked for a better souvenir of the trip. It also helps that the purchase of the prints also help keep the tradition of this art alive which also makes me very happy. prints And while at the National Museum, this piece was one of my favorites ones that I saw: Landscapes of Izu and Miura Peninsulas.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?