.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} MondayLunchCrew: a novel idea

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

a novel idea

I have always loved reading. However, I know that sometimes it's hard to read even when you want to. I find that these days, without a commute, I actually have to make more of an effort to read.

For some people, picking up a book isn't really an option, and the folks at DailyLit.com has thought of a way to squeeze in some reading into most people's day. [via] Read some classics by email. They'll break down the book you've selected into small segments to be delivered with your daily email as per the schedule you've set. Me, I've got it coming to me with my morning coffee. I'm reading my emails, news and RSS feeds, what's a novel segment. Before I know it, I'll have finished the book.

Various Updates:
Cross-Stitch:
After finishing the Paris piece, I jumped into a small Lizzie*Kate. It was quick progress until I realized a huge mistake in counting. It's been on hold ever since. I'm trying to figure out what to do with it. Rip it, try to compensate. Not fun times!
Knitting:
Xmas Knitting continues. [no peeking.]
Knitting continues in the yet unseen, but previously mentioned baby blanket. I put in some bobbles on it last night. It's only on one place in the piece, but it was so much fun, I rather wish it was on some other pieces. I am rather inspired to make some thing with bobbles on it just for the heck of making them. But honestly, there's a place for bobbles and then there's stupid and childish looking. It's a fine line.
DSCN2722.JPG
Listening to:
Roch Voisine - Je te serai fidèle
Keane - Under the Iron Sea
Audioslave - Revelations
Just read:
Knitting Rules! by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
Wendy Knits by Wendy D. Johnson

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?