.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} MondayLunchCrew: New generation office

Monday, November 06, 2006

New generation office

Vitamin's Article: Our Office 2.0 Experiement was rather interesting reading.

I recently put in a new hard drive on an old PC laptop so that we could get another machine to use. It's ages old, 5-6 years and I didn't want to bog it down with much in terms of applications and honestly wanted to stay as far away from as much Microsoft stuff as I could. I've been trying to figure out what's needed on the machine so that we can be productive. I need to use the machine to do PC testing for work and G needs it for basic email/word processing and browsing.

From the featured article comments, I heard about openoffice.org. I just downloaded it for my PC laptop to try out. It looks very slick and easy to use at the moment. I've got to try to put it through the paces to see. But really, had I known about it, I would likely not have purchased the Mac office suite ages ago. I really only use Excel mostly. I find that I could word process just as well on vim. In case you're also looking for cheaper, non microsoft alternatives, check out the article and take a look at openoffice.org.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?