.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} MondayLunchCrew: The Best of Mary Maxim's at the Yonge Eglinton Centre

Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Best of Mary Maxim's at the Yonge Eglinton Centre

Yesterday I went to check out the Mary Maxim store's Grand Opening. It's in Lewiscraft's old spot and honestly, it's just like a Lewiscraft, but with less stuff. The nice part is that it does have a good amount of yarn and carry sock yarn. I had a coupon for 25% off one item and they had an sale of the day as 14% off yarns. So, I managed to pick up two balls of Regia Canadian Color 100g. The colors are great and I can't wait to knit them up. I think they will be my socks or gloves for sure.

I would say that it's a good start. It won't be any competition to the much nicer yarn stores downtown, and won't compete with the Michael's. They have a certain clientele and they were out shopping yesterday at the same time I was. Now that I've seen the store, I'm in no hurry to go back. However, I think if I'm in the neighbourhood, I'll go look for some sock yarn. If I'm in need of some dpns in sizes I don't use often and will want cheap ones, I'll go and buy it there. It's really easy for me to get to since it's right on the subway line and really close to me. On the other hand, I really do hope that they stock more items in the store soon since I think they had more 'stuff' at their booth in the creativFestival market floor.

Since they are having opening sales, I would recommend going to check it out before end of next week. I'm uncertain how long the grand opening sales are going to go for...

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?