.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} MondayLunchCrew: Firefox 2.0 and add-ons

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Firefox 2.0 and add-ons

If you haven't heard, Firefox 2.0 has been released. If you've never used Firefox, you don't know what you're missing. Download it now! Firefox 2

It's far superior to IE (don't even get me going on how...) but mostly you'll see prettier websites and better response times. The add-ons are just as fun and make life much easier. I also love the search bar/tool where you can customize where you search without having to go to those pages. It's all about doing things faster and more efficiently. Here's the extensions I've got on my firefox and recommend:

Utility:
del.icio.us bookmarks *** - syncs up your bookmarks on firefox with your del.icio.us bookmarks.
Yahoo! Mail notifier ***.
Map+Get a map of any address highlighted on a webpage. (unfortunately it's not the most comprehensive maps, since it uses yahoo maps as a base.
Programming:
FireBug
Greasemonkey - User script manager
Tails *** - Locate and work with objects embedded in webpages. I use it for microformats.
Web Developer *** I'd be lost without it.
Recently stopped using:
Wizz RSS News Reader. I've switched to using NetNewsWireLite.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?