.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} MondayLunchCrew: kaleidoscope

Thursday, August 31, 2006

kaleidoscope

I've been looking for a kaleidoscope for a long time now. I used to have one when I was young and recently was reading Just Enough where it used a kaleidoscope in a analogy. I finally picked up a kaleidoscope at the Japanese Cultural Center. It was from a table of crafts to benefit the center and it was very retro. My sister and mom came for coffee recently and saw it and remarked how it looked exactly like one we had as children. So, that's why it gave me the nostalgic feelings.

kalidescope

It's a nice reminder of change and it's also fun. The lovely images are all to quickly gone, but as it turns out, you can kind of take photos of them.

kalidescope image kalidescope image 2 kalidescope image 3 kalidescope image 4

Just Enough by Laura Nash and Howard Stevenson: a thought provoking book about balance and careers and examines if you really can have it both ways. Makes one really think about what you really want and what to do about trying to get it.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?