.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} MondayLunchCrew: Innovation

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Innovation

Saw this on SubwayKnitter. Interesting concept and another example of someone taking a problem and running with it. Very innovative, and I wonder how well it works with sock needle sizes. Where does the battery go?
Speaking of innovation, I've admired Ideo for ages and I just read today in the October 2005 issue of Fast Company that the GM wrote a book, The Ten Faces of Innovation. I'm really looking forward to reading it, that is after I get a copy. Yes, I realize that May 2006 is the latest issue, but this one was lost in the mail and their excellent customer service resent it to me.
Been reading books on CSS of late for work and in the end, there's just one that I really love and value so far. Here are the ones I've read so far in order of recommendation:
In progress on the knitting front: Petula from Rowan Mag 31: It took just a few hours to get the bottom band done and then 24 hours of procrastinating and being fustrated, 2 hours of attempts and sitting down and doing it the 103 stitches have been picked up evenly and the body of the sweater has begun in earnest. However, I'm not looking forward to having to do the same thing on side two. I will, however, enjoy knitting the body as much as I can until then.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?