.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} MondayLunchCrew: Knits for the Elephant Man

Friday, February 17, 2006

Knits for the Elephant Man

I ripped up my sock that I was knitting for the KO this morning. After finishing turning the heel and knitting some more, I realized that it was a disaster sock. G came home and I showed it to him and he thought the heel was the toe. When I told him that it was a heel, he laughed with me and called it socks for the elephant man. sigh. As he puts it, that's what I get for trying to do something I've never done before for the KO. But I just don't get it really, I followed the pattern like I follow all patterns. I thought I was doing it right, but apparently something was wrong. So, nothing left to do but to try it again adjusting again for gauge and try to reinterpret the pattern once more. A week has past and I've just about 10 days left. Gee, good luck to me at this point! :P It was so ugly that I couldn't even take a photo of it. Take my word for it, it was ugly. To make up for lack of ugly sock photo, here's one of Flour and me. New Flour pics to be uploaded once I get some progress on this new sock. That's my parents house. See that mop? Dad got it out to be all ready for Flour to have an accident. He was so ready for a puppy visit.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
hey at least you're trying! I'm moving along on the lace but I'm still a stealth olympic knitter - not registered
Flour is getting impossibly cuter everyday.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?