.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} MondayLunchCrew: Go Team

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Go Team

Never thought in my life that I'd be in the olympics, but I am now! Go Team Canada! My Event: Sock Knitting. It's about time that I gave it a go, those who want details on what the heck I'm talking about, probably haven't read yarn harlot for a while. So, here's the scoop. The yarn and needles are ready. I've still yet to train (work up a swatch), but once I do, I'll be all set to go. I won't be attending the pub night in Toronto in kick off with everyone in Toronto, but i do hope that they will be meeting again so that I can join and meet fellow knitters in the city. I'll bring my knitting to Nashville and make sure that I get it cast on there. Ideally, I'll be able to bring the project on the plane ride back and get a lot done while I wait for my connections. Figured that I should give myself a knitting challenage. After all, I've been meaning to do this for a while and I've been too chicken. After all, if I can teach myself continental, why can't I teach myself to knit socks? My cross stitch has been getting a work out as well. And I'm currently working on a blanket of Manos in squares, making my own version of the Four Seasons Throws by Design Source Collections. So far, so good, easy to work up and really nice yarn to work with.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?