.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} MondayLunchCrew: Oh that Spending Feeling

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Oh that Spending Feeling

From last week: Sunday: forgot to bring it Monday: 15000 Tuesday: 11000 (part of the day on cash) Thursday: 12000 (part of the day on cash) Friday: 9000 (all day on cash) Sunday: forgot to bring it again Something about Sundays... Last French class of the semester is tomorrow night. Last week was the French test. I get back the results tomorrow. I don't think I'll get a very high score but a decent grade anyway. I'm no concerned about passing. But some people in the class really struggled with the material so I'm sure we'll still be seeing the Gaussian Distribution although with a smaller sample to work with. We've past through two days of Friends and Family days which were crazy. I worked both days and now it seems that all shifts are 'easy' in comparison. I guess you get used to a certain level of productivity and I guess given my previous work training, it comes naturally to me that you reach a level of over work and that becomes your new norm and you keep on upping your level of overwork. As it turns out, in the real world where most people live, it's not that way. People really do see that as an abnormality, a blip in the chart as it were. Interesting how life is in the real work vs my old one. To be fair, not everyone at GS worked that way, I think it's just certain groups of unfortunate souls who do. After all, there are plenty of people who manage to get second degrees or third and people who have families. I was just never going to have any of that the way I was going. These days, my level of multi tasking and over achieving comes in the form of trying to cook soup from scratch while I draw a bath and write in my blog. (On the one hand, this is 'nice' and relaxing while on the other hand, I do realize that it is completely loser-ville in terms of accomplishments. I'm just torn really which side I believe in at the moment. Probably the loser end actually.) Holidays are getting closer and I'm starting to feel the strain of it in terms of all my Holiday shopping. I'm nearly done. Hoping to head out tomorrow to get the last of it done. However, I did manage to get most of my holiday knitting done. I'm 97% done on the last gift scarf and I hope to finish that tonight or tomorrow. Then finally I'll be able to move on to my own scarf. I'm still in need of one for my own coat. My friends Lenore and Aaron are heading to New York for two weeks starting tomorrow. While I was telling them about all my favourite patisserie and chocolate places in New York, and reminding myself of how the city will be all nice and decorated (not too much of that here that I've seen yet.) I got all rather homesick in missing New York. Maybe next year I'll have to make sure I schedule a trip near the holidays. It really was one of my favourite times of the year. I loved the lights, all the people and that vibe in the air... you new yorkers know that feeling. The one on the street where everyone generates the vibe that they are there to spend some money! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that feeling. It always helped that there were always people with the bonus money burning a hole in their pockets. Ah... what a magical time of year it is in New York. (Yes, and I do realize that was the tourists and wall street types only. I hope for those who are in New York who don't have the extra money to spend, that they enjoy the lights and the festivities and know that not everywhere in the world have such festive and beautiful displays that are on the street for most to enjoy.) I really do miss walking around with my camera in hand to take some holidays photos. I just hope that by the time I get to Paris, I'll have some lights still to see and I'll likely go photo crazy. I've got about 6 months of photos to make up for!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?