.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} MondayLunchCrew: French Updates

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

French Updates

Accommodations for the Paris trip is booked but money has yet to exchange hands. But that should be in the next week. We should feel more confident about the whole thing soon. Then I'll go into more details about the place and include their web site. The location will be ideal. Basically a bridge and two streets from Notre Dame. Love it. Today I went to the Alliance Francaise North York location and took a placement test. Turns out I don't have to go back to the most basic class but pretty darn close. But that's okay with me. I was quite nervous talking to the lady who administered the test and I could use a lot more practise and relearning of all that I've forgotten. So, I signed up for what they call session 104 and start going to class Monday and Wednesday for 6 weeks during hours of 7:30 to 9:30 pm starting next Wednesday. I think I would have liked a morning class, but for now, no morning classes for my session, so I'll take the evening one. I went to the local bookstore Chapters and picked up some elementary French learning books so that I could try to remind myself some of the French I've forgotten so that I'm hopefully not too far behind those who's taken all the sessions before me. I guess I'm just nervous I'm falling behind even before the class starts. However, I'm having some fun studying again and I'm looking forward to the classes. It's even easy for me to decide what tv shows on Monday and Wednesday I'm willing to not watch to go to class. I guess that's a good sign. We all know how much I love tv! The school is the next subway stop away. I walked there and back today but won't be able to do it on a regular basis when I start class next week since it takes me 40 minutes to walk the distance. It'll be dark and really cold. It was cloudy and windy today in the 8 degree C weather and my ears were freezing. It was a strange mix of hot and cold at the same time walking back and forth. When it gets to much colder weather I'm so going to be taking the subway or bus that's for sure. On my way back, I was thinking about how nice it would be to be more comfortable to speak on our holiday and how one day, I may be able to go to do an immersion in Paris. Books today: Ultimate French Beginner - Intermediate French Without the Fuss Currently Reading: The Restless Sleep by Stacy Horn

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?