.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} MondayLunchCrew: It was bound to happen

Thursday, September 15, 2005

It was bound to happen

I'm sure you are all sure this would happen sooner or later. Apparently it's sooner. I just came back from my bike ride to the fabric store and fell off my bike less than 20 feet from my front door. Pathetic yes, but you'll all be very relieved to know that klutzy old me is alive and well. No one was fooled by the fact that I got a bike would mean I get all sporty and capable. I'm still the walking into the wall klutz you all know and love. The bike basket stayed nicely attached to bike, the contents of which only spilled out slightly. My head didn't hit the pavement, but I'm sure that's because momentum was stopped by the knee and hands that hit the ground first. The amazing thing was that while I was certain that the exercise pants would have ripped at the knees, for it was the first thing I checked; the fabric held. It was only after I get home before I could assess how much my knee was hurt. Okay, it's not bleeding. I'll survive. But I'll need to dig out the big band-aids that I was certain I didn't need. Who was I kidding? The bike however, needs looking after as now it makes a clicking sound. G will be doing inspection later today I guess. I guess I'm happy I did it close to home and not on the street with lots of traffic. After all, I know it was going to happen the second I got the bike. I'm rather surprised, it's even taken as long as this.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?